Proper nutrition is a crucial factor in maintaining health.
1/3 cup hummus *can use store-bought*
¼ cup baby carrots
½ apple sliced
¼ cup pretzels
1 stalk celery, cut into strips
- Wash and cut fruit and veggies.
- Place hummus into a lidded compartment of lunch container.
- Place remaining items into separate compartments of container.
PB & J DIP
½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. smooth peanut butter or almond butter
1 Tbsp. jelly
- Place all ingredients into a small bowl to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve with apple slices
BBQ RANCH CHICKEN SALAD WRAPS
Yield 8 servings
4 cups shredded chicken
¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. nonfat ranch dressing
¼ cup BBQ sauce
2 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
½ cup chopped celery
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 avocado diced
8 6” tortilla wraps
- In a large bowl mix together chicken, ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, yogurt, and celery.
- Lay out tortillas and even distribute lettuce, avocado and chicken salad.
- Wrap up tortillas and serve or refrigerate until ready to use.
2 each 6” tortillas
2 Tbsp. marinara sauce for dipping
1 ½ Tbsp. shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
Thinly sliced bell pepper
3 slices pepperoni
Sliced black olives
- Top 1 tortilla with cheese, bell pepper, pepperoni, black olives and mushrooms. Place second tortilla on top.
- Cook in a non-stick skillet that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray over low heat until tortilla is golden brown. Flip quesadilla over and cook second side until that side is golden brown.
- Cut and serve.
1 each wooden skewer
2 cherry tomatoes
2 cubes cheddar cheese
Sliced low-sodium turkey
Sliced bread, cut into 4 pieces
- Start with a cherry tomato, followed by bread, cheese, lettuce, turkey, bread and tomato.
1 each corn tortilla
Shredded lettuce or mixed greens
Pico de Gallo
Shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Place each item into a separate compartment of container.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
1 cup rolled oats, (not instant)
½ cup shredded coconut
½ cup Nutella
½ cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup dark chocolate chips
¼ cup dried cherries
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spoon mixture out into Tablespoon-sized balls, rolling them with your hand. Place on a parchment lined baking pan.
- Refrigerate until set. About 1 hour