Thanks to all our colleagues who participated in the numerous activities for this year’s National Health Care Week, “The Healing Heart of Health Care,” to make it a success!
Some highlights from 2017 include:
- To care for our healing hearts, colleagues recorded more than ONE MILLION steps as they walked around their campuses, hitting our goal of one million steps!!
- Sixteen baskets were assembled by various departments and units to be silently auctioned off. Dozens of colleagues bid on these baskets, which raised more than $1,800 for Saint Mary’s Foundation.
- Colleagues across the campus had their hands blessed by our chaplains, and the community health centers had their hands blessed by Sr. Rosita Schiller, RSM.
- Managers and directors distributed a pair of movie tickets and a refillable water bottle to each colleague, thanking them for their contributions to health care.
- More than 150 colleagues attended the Dedication and Blessing of the new sculpture in the Main Hospital Lobby. Read story here.
- Colleagues received a special blessing, found here:
- Each day, a special reflection was shared with colleagues that focused on how colleagues live the mission.
- Colleagues were invited to share how they lived the core values of our organization. Here is an excerpt of colleague Marilyn Bolden’s submission: “Core value: COMMITMENT TO THOSE WHO ARE POOR – On a daily basis, we encounter individuals from every walk of life. When we do there is always an opportunity to serve, whether it be a silent prayer or a kind and encouraging word. So many people are hurting and discouraged; some self-inflicted, some not; it doesn’t matter. We don’t always need to know the reasons why a person is suffering. One of our purposes on this earth is to serve, all the while giving God the glory, for it is not about us, it is about Him.”